St. Joseph’s Primary School Enrolment Policy and Procedure is available to all parents requesting a placement in our school.
Ballarat Diocesan Catholic Schools and Colleges embrace the mission of the Church by welcoming the enrolment of all students and families who want to experience our hospitality.
Applications for enrolment at St. Joseph’s Primary School means that you are choosing a Catholic Education, which requires a commitment to support the vision and aims of the St. Joseph’s Primary School and a willingness to co-operate in their implementation.
2023 Foundation Enrolments
Enrolments for 2023 Foundation students will open on Monday 16th May and close on Friday 24th June 2022.
Our Discovery Tours and Information session dates have now been set can you can book in for your preferred session via the Enrolment / Tour Registration page on this website.
Our In Person Tours will be held on:
- Tuesday 24th May 11.30am
- Tuesday 24th May 7.00pm
- Monday 30th May 9.15am
- Wednesday 1st June 11.30am
We are also holding one virtual tour as these have proven so popular over the past 2 years:
- Thursday 26th May 7.00pm - You will need to book in for this one so the zoom link can be sent to you to join in.
All of our tours will run for approximately 1 hour, they commence with an information session and are followed by a tour of the school and the Foundation classrooms. These sessions are aimed at Parents.
Future Year Foundation Enrolments
At St Joseph's enrolments are not taken for Foundation students in advance (i.e. 2024 onwards). If you would like to receive any information as dates etc are set for the year of enrolment you are looking for, you can complete the enrolment enquiry form, indicating the start year, and we can then email you once we further information for you.
Enrolment Agreement and Policy
The St. Joseph’s Primary School Advisory Council has a set of priorities to ensure that Catholic children living within the St. Joseph’s Parish, Warrnambool, have a place available to them in St. Joseph’s Primary School.
- By law, children must have turned five by the 30th of April in their Foundation year of schooling.
- Enrolment of Children under the minimum school starting age is not recommended and special permission must be obtained from the Director of Catholic Education Ballarat.
- Applications for enrolment are called for.
- Application for Enrolment is made through St. Joseph’s Primary School Office.
- Enrolment is offered.
- Letters of an enrolment placement offered at St. Joseph’s Primary School.
- Parents/Guardians of children beginning school the following year will be invited to a meeting.
- Foundation students will participate in an Orientation Program prior to commencing at St. Joseph’s Primary School.
Students transferring from another School
When a student transfers from another school an official transfer form is required. Copies of the student’s Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, Immunisation Certificate, and copies of Reports are required.
If you would like to discuss this process please contact our School Business Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 5561 1343.
A Catholic child is defined as a child in which he/she has been baptised Catholic. A baptism certificate is required at enrolment (if applicable).
Starting school is a big step for children to make. At St. Joseph’s families and students are assisted in this transition through the provision of Enrolment tours, Enrolment interviews, Parent Information sessions, School familiarisation visits and an Orientation Day.
If parents have any questions about their child’s readiness for school please refer to the Australian Government’s information about School Readiness
Parents are welcome to contact the School office to make an appointment to discuss the needs of their child.